We are still in November and I already baked a few batches of this delicious cookies :) This is not likely of me, I’m not a baker and I don’t eat sweets that much as you probably already know, but this little coconut cookies makes me so happy! They are so easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your house already, guests love them and they will be best friends to your cup of tea :) If you don’t like coconut you can use walnuts or any nuts instead, but somehow I find them more festive when they are rolled in the white coconut (like little snowballs ) and they taste soooo good with raspberry jam!
COCONUT THUMBPRINT COOKIES
Ingredients – 20 cookies
⋅ 110g unsalted butter (room temperature)
⋅ 40g brown sugar
⋅ 1 tsp vanilla paste
⋅ 130g all purpose flour
⋅ large egg – separated (room temperature)
⋅ pinch of salt
⋅ raspberry jam
- Beat butter and sugar for 2-3min until light and fluffy,add the egg yolk and vanilla paste and beat until combined. Add flour and salt and beat just until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk egg white until frothy. Roll the dough into nice little balls ( approximately 15g per one, I like to weight them haha). Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180 C. Start dipping balls into the egg white and then roll in the coconut. Place them on the prepared baking sheet 2cm apart.
- Using your thumb or end of a knife/cooking spoon make a little indentation into the center of each cookie and fill them with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam. It’s easier to do that using two little spoons instead of just one!
- Bake them for about 18-20min just until golden brown and place them on wire rack to cool.
- Try not to eat them while they are still warm :)))