I don’t know about you, but personally I find cauliflower quite uninspiring. Sorry cauliflower, I promise to try and change this :D
This recipe was created yesterday in 20min when I found half of cauliflower in the back of my fridge. Well, the fact that I was super hungry at that moment also helped a lot, I’m feeling very inspired when hungry haha
The great thing about this patties is that they are so versatile, you can eat them warm or cold, as a side dish for fish/meat or as a main served with a salad of your choice, as a sharing dish, finger food if you make them smaller and serve with dipping sauces…and in this combination are gluten free, perfect for everyone trying to avoid gluten for any reason.
Cauliflower you are actually cool.
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 2tbsp gram flour (chickpeas flour) or just use plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 scallions
- 50g grated Emmental cheese (or other cheese of your choice)
- 1tbsp grounded flax seeds (optional)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil or coconut oil
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place the florets in a food processor and pulse until they become a rice like texture.
- Transfer the riced cauliflower to a bowl, add chopped scallions, 2 eggs, grated cheese, gram flour, salt and pepper to taste, mix with the fork until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into patties, transferring one by one to a heated pan. You want to use enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and you want to fry the patties on a medium heath for about 3-4min on each side.
- When done, remove patties from the pan and place them on a paper towel lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice – I like to use my cream cheese, greek yoghurt, chives and garlic sauce for dipping :)
Hope you like it!
2 thoughts on “Easy Cauliflower Patties”
They look great. Will give them a try with the cauliflower I’ve got (permanently, it seems, in the back of my fridge).
LikeLiked by 1 person
ahahah I can totally relate to this :D Thank you for your comment! Hope you are using the recipe :)