Just don’t tell me you don’t like polenta :D
Maybe you’ll give it another go after seeing this recipe, please do! When you get the right polenta from the store ( try Valsugana – Italian brand ) and mix it with good quality butter after being cooked, I’m sure you will love this buttery goodness and swap your mashed potatoes for polenta when making this at home, promise me? :)
Here we go, I love making this dish for my little family of two, this must be one of our favourite weekday dinners, served with a glass of chilled white wine, so summery and fresh. Like pretty much all my recipes, this one is also done in less than 30min, yay!
Ingredients for 2
2 cod filets ( go with thicker ones if you can)
250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 pinches of chili flakes
1 pinch of sugar
2 garlic cloves chopped
Fresh Thyme or Fresh Basil
100ml dry white wine
salt and pepper
1 lemon (optional)
2tbsp capers (optional) -> to be fried
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper flakes, chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the cherry tomatoes, a pinch of sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re soft, but still hold their shape, about 6-8min.
2. Add the white wine and allow the mixture to come to a light simmer. Stir in the basil or thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
3. To make this recipe even easier I don’t pan fry cod fillets separately, I just add them to the sauce and cook together for an additional 3-4 min. Cod cooks very fast, so be sure not to over cook it!
4. While cod is cooking fry some capers (optional! – if adding them to the meal make sure to reduce the amount of salt in the wine sauce) for that extra crunch and saltiness! Just make sure to dry them first on a paper towel. Heat a small non-stick pan with 1tbsp olive oil, add dry capers and fry them over medium heat until they become crispy. Take them out on a paper towel and set aside.
5. Cook polenta following the instructions on the polenta box (don’t forget to stir in some butter when polenta is cooked!)
6. Serve polenta and cod in sauce on a serving platter, sprinkle over some crispy, salty capers with more lemon zest and lemon juice if needed and don’t forget that chilled white wine from the fridge, enjoy! :)
2 thoughts on “Cod Fillets in White Wine&Tomato Sauce with Creamy Polenta”
I love the colours! It looks so fresh and delicious :)
Thank you so much! I just love creamy polenta served with fish, yum!
LikeLiked by 1 person